Did you know that Jaysons Pharmacy now do Warfarin Monitoring Service?
This is a Free service provided to all patients whose GP is in the Derbyshire County PCT area.
What does it entail
- Just one drop of blood is needed from the finger tip. it is placed onto a strip connected to the machine and a reading is obtained within minutes. Our Pharmacists who specialise in this service will do this. They will then advice you on the dosing as well as when the next appointment will be.
We will also ask about any medication changes, diet changes, health products and general well being – all of which can effect your INR reading. The pharmacist with their drug training and skills will also look out for any drug interactions with your warfarin.
A ‘Yellow Book’ is issued to you where the pharmacist will make all the INR reading records and the next appointment date. You can keep this with you. at the end of each clinic, a report of INRs is sent to the patients GP so that they are fully aware of your Warfarin control.
- When a patient joins us, we will issue a pack full of all the essential information. This contains all teh Dos and Don’ts. Should you have any questions, we are also available by phone or just pop into the shop.
For those whos who are housebound, we also do home visits at no charge.
- For those patients diagnosed with Atrial Fibrilation, we can also carry out Warfarin Initiation. This means, there is no need to go to the hospital which can be tiring, expensive in taxi fares or parking and time consuming.
Anticoagulation (Warfarin) Clinic times
Mon – Fri – 09.00 – 17.30
Sat – 09.00 – 14.00
How do I join the service?
1. New Warfarin patients – Tell your GP or Hospital Doctor/Nurse that you want to join the Jaysons Pharmacy Anticoagulation Clinic – Tel/Fax: 0115 9730353
2. Existing Warfarin patients – just pop into the pharmacy to sign up and we will do the rest. Simple.